Unakite Meaning and Benefits.
Table of Contents
~ Properties ~ Unakite Meaning ~ Benefits ~ Healing ~
Unakite Meaning – General Information and History.
Unakite is an altered form of granite, composed of pink orthoclase Feldspar, green Epidote and generally colourless Quartz, solidly bound together creating its beautiful pistachio and pink colouring. The stone takes its name from the Greek word epidosis, meaning “growing together”. Further, it is the binding together of these materials that convey the meaning that ‘what comes together belongs together.’ It has a Mohs Hardness of 6.5 with a monoclinic crystal structure.
Unakite was first discovered in the United States in the Unaka Mountains of North Carolina, from where it takes its name. Unakite occurs in masses and it does not crystallize.
It exists in various shades of green and pink and usually mottled in appearance with a splash of soft peach against a fresh green-coloured background. Making it a much beloved and magical gemstone. Unakite is popular for making jewellery, and other lapidary work such as cabochons, eggs, spheres and other carvings like animals. It is also referred to as epidotized granite. In addition, this mineral is also useful as a decorative building material within houses, museums, and speciality buildings.
Legend tells us that carrying Unakite will help you to find lost items. It can also help you remain powerful in situations where you may be more likely to become a victim.
Unakite Meaning – Metaphysical Benefits.
Placing a large piece of Unakite or a bowl of tumbled stones into your surroundings brings a calm gentle energy. It can also negate the effects of electromagnetic pollution from television and computer screens if placed on top of them, or nearby.
“Living in the now” is one of Unakites magical properties. It also inspires a sense of urgency and helps you to realize how quickly time can slip through your fingers. It also helps to loosen the vice grip that society’s rules have on our collective consciousness.
Unakite is a stone of vision. Carrying Unakite as a companion stone will help you maintain the balance between your spiritual and physical lives. It will also allow them to join forces in assisting you to create the life you desire. It is an excellent stone for removing obstacles to your personal growth.
You may use it to build up your self-confidence, as it strengthens your courage, assisting you in taking control of those facets of your life that you defer power over. It gives you the confidence to transform anger and fear into positive constructive energies, like love and compassion, especially for yourself.
Meditating with this stone will aid in releasing pain and anger that you are having trouble letting go of. Unakite can lift your spirits when you are feeling down, helping you to see the beauty in life. This stone provides grounding when needed. It is also a useful aid for uncovering deception. It facilitates re-birthing, gently releasing conditions that inhibit spiritual and psychological growth.
Unakite Meaning – Healing.
Unakite has the ability to unleash buried emotional pain and also aid in the body’s healing process. It supports convalescence and recovery from a major illness. It treats the reproductive system and aids healthy pregnancies while facilitating the health of the unborn. Unakite enhances weight gain where required, and aids the growth of skin tissue and hair.
Tips for Using Unakite.
- Soak Unakite in water and leave it outside under the moon overnight. Use this water to bathe the skin to help smooth and soothe any skin problems. Some have said this is a great way to deal with wrinkles.
- Sleep with a couple of Unakite in or under your bed to relieve tense muscles and relax the body for better sleep and healing. If you toss and turn all night, several stones placed under the bed should see a decrease in this activity.
- A Unakite in your pocket can help you move past your history to overcome obstacles that have been holding you back or haunting you.
- Keeping a Unakite in your pocket or purse helps with moving on after the loss of a loved one. Also with getting over a divorce.
- Can’t find your keys, glasses or any other lost item? Hold a Unakite and listen to your intuition as you look for them and it will help you find them.
- If you know you will need extra patience to deal with a specific situation, wear Unakite to provide the needed patience.
- Place Unakite in your garden to remind yourself that something can be useful and fun at the same time.
- Carry Unakite and it will spark joy, improvement and enjoyment of your activities.
- Keep Unakite throughout your home to create a happy atmosphere.
Follow us on Facebook
First presented in the August 2011 Newsletter, and edited Jan ’23 for inclusion here.
© Ron and Sue Windred.
Disclaimer: The outlined metaphysical and healing properties in this website are for inspiration and reference. We gather this information and alleged properties from writings, books, folklore and various other sources. They are also dependent upon the attitude and beliefs of the individual. Furthermore they do not replace diagnosis or treatment by a qualified therapist or physician.