Self Healing Crystal Layouts -Crystal Healing
Maryanne came to us the other day wanting know how to go about using crystals. She had heard about ‘the laying on of stones’. This was more about having a professional crystal healing session, but she wanted to know how to go about doing Self Healing Crystal Layouts. These are also sometimes referred to as ‘healing nets’ and often as healing grids.
She was looking for something she could do herself, or maybe with the help of a friend. She just loves crystals and believes strongly in their power to heal. Still she wanted to go further than just wearing them, carrying them and keeping them around her. She wanted to be a lot more involved in helping her family and herself to be healthy, happy and vital. And self healing crystal layouts, seemed to be her answer.
We have found that many others just like Maryanne, don’t desire to be professional crystal healers, but they do aspire to being first-class in assisting themselves, their family and friends to heal with crystals.
Now, crystal healing using layouts is a big subject. So big in fact that it really requires something the size of a book, but we will do our best to provide an adequate understanding within the scope of this article: Self Healing Crystal Layouts.
When you use self healing crystal layouts, you set up some very specific and complex electromagnetic force fields (energy fields). These then proceed to re-polarise, re- balance and smooth out any fields that are misaligned.
Your body’s energy fields will be re-aligned and your chakras will be cleared and balanced. This aids healing and promotes an overall feeling of well being and may well prevent illness and dis-ease from manifesting in your body.
The First Step is to Know Your Crystals.
Maryanne had this part down pat. She knew many crystals by name and appearance and what their key properties were. Also what parts of the body and its energy systems they corresponded to. She also knew how and where to research for information regarding crystals and their healing properties. So selecting the right crystals to use was not going to be a problem.
Crystal healing is first and foremost a system of energy healing.
Using self healing crystal layouts is a very powerful way of performing healing on yourself or others. Its purpose is to clear and restore your energy systems and to release emotional, mental and spiritual blocks to your well-being.
One of the things that make crystal healing so effective is that your intent and desire to heal is just as important as your knowledge about particular crystals. Especially as crystals are benevolent and do no harm. Of particular importance is that crystal healing is primarily a system of energy healing, restoration and balancing.
Another benefit is that because healing energy can be channelled along the meridians, or your body’s energy highways and byways, this energy will be directed to where it is most needed.
Now this is not to be used as an excuse for doing a shoddy job. You can’t just place crystals around willy nilly and expect to get a good result. Rather, we are saying not to get too hung up in selections and procedures. Crystal healing can be quite forgiving. However the more you know about the subject, the better your results will be.
When the energy systems of the body are aligned and in great working order – your physical, mental and spiritual body’s will follow suit.
By using crystals to help return your body to homeostasis, your inner natural healing power, immune and defence systems are allowed to fully do their job and keep you healthy.
Preparation and setting set up for your Self Healing Crystal Layouts
The more time and attention you devote to setting up your healing session, the more enjoyable it will be. None of these steps however, are actually required for a crystal layout to work. Nevertheless they work synergistically for a far better outcome.
- Firstly, find a quiet location where you are not likely to be disturbed.
- Prepare your space by making sure the area is thoroughly clean and well presented.
- Probably your safest position to conduct your Self Healing Crystal Layouts is on the floor.
- Make it comfortable to lie on by placing something like a yoga mat, a futon cover or a folded blanket in the middle of your chosen spot.
- Allow sufficient room for the extent of your crystal layout.
- Cleanse the area by smudging. Reiki practitioners may also do this by tracing their Reiki symbols in the room.
- Have some ambient music playing softly.
- Dim the lights, or preferably use some candles.
- Burn some favourite incense, or diffuse a relaxing essential oil blend.
- Independent of the crystal layout being employed, some like to set up a grounding and protecting grid by placing Tourmaline in each corner of the room.
- Determine what it is you wish to work on or heal. Choose your crystals.
- It’s a good idea to drink a glass of water before you commence with your layout. And be sure to drink plenty of water after doing a self treatment as these techniques can have a detoxing affect on your body.
Some additional things to consider:
- If you can have a friend attend and place the crystals for you, then so much the better. You might like to read: Do you need a crystal healing buddy?
- Some people like to include a cloth imprinted with a meaningful symbol to lie on and use in the session.
- Others also use this to form the pattern for their crystal layout. Some examples are – Aum or Ohm, Yin and Yang, figure 8, Tree of life, Flower of Life, Pentagram, Star of David.
- You may find that some of the crystals can feel quite heavy, almost as though they are sinking into your skin. Others will feel so light that you aren’t sure whether they are still there or not. Still others may feel very cold and yet others extremely warm, or even electric.
- Sometimes you may feel like you are floating, or experience inner visions of colour, or see exquisite patterns. And definitely don’t be concerned if you fall asleep. You obviously had some catching up to do.
- The time needed for healing and restoring balance will vary, because each of us is different. Typically around 30 minutes is a good period of time for your Self Healing Crystal Layouts. However, follow your intuition. You may finish within a few minutes, or you may choose to stay and relax for a while.
- Another one of the good things about crystal healing is that you can’t overdo it. So, if you have an inclination for a couple of hours of basking in the energy field of your layout, you can do so.
- Always trust your intuition to guide you to the crystals and layouts to use, and the length of your session.
Here are some examples of Self Healing Crystal Layouts.
Body Balance Layout with Seven Clear Quartz Crystals
For this popular layout you will require seven Clear Quartz crystals, either natural or tumbled and preferably around the same size and weight.
Lie down and position a crystal on each of the seven major chakra centres. For more information about chakras and their location, refer to A Simple Guide to the Body’s Energy Systems. An additional eighth crystal may be used at the earth star chakra.
If a crystal rolls to a different position a couple of times, leave it where it is. It is more than likely moving to where it needs to be.
Aligning and Balancing the Chakras with Crystals
Many healers agree that this is probably the most popular crystal healing layout.
For this layout you will need a variety of coloured crystals to match and balance each of the chakras. Preferably they should be approximately the same size and weight.
Lie down and position a crystal on each of the seven major chakra centres, as above. However, you will use these coloured stones instead of Clear Quartz for this layout.
You may use any crystal whose colour corresponds with a chakra. However we have listed the most popular two .
- Earth Star, base of feet – Tourmaline or Smokey Quartz.
- Base – Red Jasper or Hematite.
- Sacral – Carnelian or Orange Calcite.
- Solar Plexus – Citrine or Yellow Jasper.
- Heart – Green Aventurine or Rose Quartz.
- Throat – Blue Lace Agate or Turquoise.
- Third Eye – Lapis Lazuli or Amethyst.
- Crown – Clear Quartz or Selenite.
Stress Release and Energizing Crystal Layout
This is an excellent layout to re-energise and to use for stress release.
You will need seven Clear Quartz crystal points.
To release stress:
This time, do not place them on your body; rather place them on the floor around your body, pointing outward.
One above your head – at your shoulders on either side – at your knees on either side – one below each foot.
This will release stress. Five minutes is often sufficient. Again, you may stay as long as you’re comfortable. However if you are also energising, you will require a similar additional amount of time.
Turn the points inwards to recharge and energize. Lie still for another similar period of time.
© Ron and Sue Windred.
Disclaimer: The outlined metaphysical and healing properties in this website are for inspiration and reference. We gather this information and alleged properties from writings, books, folklore and various other sources. They are also dependent upon the attitude and beliefs of the individual. Furthermore they do not replace diagnosis or treatment by a qualified therapist or physician.