Healing Crystal Bath – Sumptuous, Healthful Relaxation
Table of Contents
A Healing Crystal Bath is an indulgent experience, to lift your spirits and detox your body…
Treat yourself well…
Healing Crystal Bath with Himalayan Salt or Sea Salt…
Salt is actually a crystal and it is also one of the most abundant crystals on the planet.
Salt baths have long been enjoyed for relaxation, rejuvenation and health. Natural Salt Crystal baths are renowned for their detoxifying effect because they leave you feeling revitalized and full of energy. The cleansing effect releases toxins through the skin and into the water. Also, the soaking effect helps to soothe tired and aching muscles and joints and helps relieve pain and soreness.
A natural Salt Crystal bath has a hydrating effect on the skin, leaving it feeling soft and smooth. It is also suitable for those suffering from irritating skin conditions such as psoriasis and dermatitis and has similar results to taking a dip in the ocean.
Either Himalayan Salt or Sea Salt are both excellent for this use, as is quality rock salt.
Use about 100 to 250 grams of salt per 100 litres (average bath size), with the water at 36-37°C and have a good soak for around 20 to 30 minutes. When finished, hop out, dry off, preferably don’t rinse and then rest for about a half an hour.
Attention: if you suffer from any circulatory conditions, please consult with your healthcare practitioner beforehand.
Follow these simple steps for an indulgent detox experience…
- Empty 100 to 250 grams of salt into an empty bath and cover it with a sufficient amount of hot water.
- Allow time for the salt to dissolve. This may take up to 30 minutes, or you may speed it up by stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Now fill the bath to the desired level with warm water.
- For best results keep the bathwater at or below body temperature – approximately 36-37°. You can check the temperature with a thermometer to be sure.
- Carefully climb into the bath and settle into a comfortable position.
- Now simply relax and indulge yourself. Soak your body for approximately 20-30 minutes. You may add a little hot water if the temperature cools too much during this period.
- Then just dry off – don’t rinse and rest for about a half an hour.
Zinging it up, or adding some extra levels of enjoyment.
As a pure detox bath, it is probably best not to use any other oils or additives, but if your objective is for utter relaxation also, then the fragrance of a few drops of your favourite essential oil won’t do any harm and adds a level of sensuous relaxation.
Light a few candles. Play relaxing music. Close your eyes and melt into the water and the moment as you allow yourself to let go and savour this time to yourself.
A Healing Crystal Bath with Tumbled Stones
This is yet another level of sumptuous and healthful relaxation…
Here your only limitation is your imagination and the crystals you have available. Use crystals that will remain unaffected by immersing them in water. Good all-around crystals like Clear Quartz, Rose Quartz and Amethyst are great for use at bath times.
A couple of my favourite combinations are – Clear Quartz, Green Aventurine and Hematite. Citrine, Bloodstone, Carnelian, Fluorite and Moldavite make for an interesting combination. A bath with half a dozen large tumbled Hematites is an exhilarating experience.
Simply add them into the bathwater, get in, relax and enjoy. If you are concerned about scratching the tub, or damaging the crystals or yourself by having them loose, they may be contained in a colander or a large shell. Another method is to suspend them in the water in a stocking secured to the tap. An alternative and effective method is to place them around the edge of the bathtub.
Apart from just cleaning our bodies, bathing washes away the stresses and strains of the day along as well as any negative emotions we might be holding onto. A healing crystal bath will also refresh, soothe, revitalise and energise us. Placing Crystals in the bath will absorb any negative energy or emotions and their healing energies will also be available to us as needed. Plus the water increases their conductivity and connectivity making their energies more readily available.
Why not combine them…
Try an Energy Field Clearing Bath…
Soak and relax as you detox and also clear away unwanted energies and debris.
To the salt bath above you will now add 250 grams of Epsom salts and 3 crystals – Amethyst, Rose Quartz and Clear Quartz as well as several drops of Lavender essential oil. Add the Epsom salts at the same time as the salt crystals and the tumbled crystals and the Lavender oil as you fill up with warm water.
The combination of the natural salt crystals, Epsom salts, crystals and lavender oil work through the layers of the energy field to detox and remove the unwanted energies and debris.
And here is a supercharging idea for the water itself.
As you are probably aware, water carries an imprint of all it has been in contact with and we can use this to great advantage to super-charge our bath. You may utilize any or all of these methods.
- As the bath fills say a positive affirming prayer or statement into the water, anything at all that makes you feel uplifted, alive and grateful. For example, I am thankful for the life-sustaining benefits of water and for its cleansing and soothing qualities. I ask that this water be charged with the vibration of love and appreciation and that these energies be made available to me through this magical water.
- If you have Reiki, treat the water, or impress your symbols into it as it fills.
- Into an unbreakable clear container place a written statement or a list of power words in such a way that they are visible. This imprints their energy into the water and then from the water to you. A few good examples are – love, thank-you, peace, harmony, God, wisdom, happiness. Or maybe, I relax my body and mind and let my Spirit soar high.
Six More Recipes for your Healing Crystal Bath.
Here are half a dozen more ideas for interacting with and getting the most from your crystals and the chance for a decent, relaxing soak.
- A very handy combination if you are suffering from sunburn. Into a comfortably warm bath (you might think cold is better, but the warmer water opens up the pores of your skin) add a cup of brown vinegar and these stones, Rose Quartz, Clear Quartz, Jade and Green Aventurine.
- Overcoming tiredness – try Amethyst, Rose Quartz, Carnelian and Fire Agate.
- For a bit of an energy boost – give Amethyst, Carnelian, Red Jasper and Herkimer Diamond a go.
- Tired sore feet – Aquamarine, Tiger Iron and Smokey Quartz.
- For some relief from flu – add some Lemongrass essential oil to the water and a Clear Quartz, Fluorite, Moss Agate and a Tiger Eye.
- Tired sore muscles – Fluorite, Hematite, Rhodonite, Jade and Aventurine. You can boost this up by combining with a salt bath or adding Epsom salts.
Remember you can come up with many more recipes or combinations of crystals or stones; experiment, follow your hunches and don’t limit your imagination. Take care in the selection of the stones. There are some I keep separate from my main collection as the water and salt tend to mar them. Hematite is a good example, as it being iron, it is subject to corrosion by water and salt.
This was my motivation for writing about healing crystal and salt baths.
Living in the country we don’t have water and sewer connected, so we don’t get to have as many baths as we would like. Also we can’t have salt baths as there is nowhere for the saltwater to go. Often, when we are travelling we look for accommodations with a bath so that we can indulge in this most favourable activity.
If you don’t have a bath, the next best thing is a foot soak. Except for the full-body soaking that laying back in a warm bath can provide, you can still enjoy the rest of the benefits.
Following some recent rain, we now had plenty of water. So we took the opportunity to fill the bathtub and wash most of our crystals. With the tanks overflowing, we also seized the opportunity for a soaking bath. Knowing the value of having a crystal bath, I drained the dirty crystal wash water and refilled the tub. I removed most of the crystals and moved the rest to the end and hopped in. Wow, what an experience, talk about invigorated water. I couldn’t see any, but it felt like the water was filled with thousands of tiny bubbles; all of them caressing my skin. As I settled back, the water soothed me into a feeling of deep relaxing peace. When I got out I felt on top of the world.
Follow us on Facebook
© Ron and Sue Windred.
Disclaimer: The outlined metaphysical and healing properties in this website are for inspiration and reference. We gather this information and alleged properties from writings, books, folklore and various other sources. They are also dependent upon the attitude and beliefs of the individual. Furthermore they do not replace diagnosis or treatment by a qualified therapist or physician.