THE BODY’S ENERGY SYSTEMS SIMPLY AND EASILY EXPLAINED
Table of Contents
This is written to provide a very simple and basic explanation of our energy systems. The Body’s Energy Systems as outlined here will provide just enough information to be able to understand their purpose and their role in our life and their connection to crystal healing.
Our Premise, that we are Energy Beings.
First and foremost we are working on the premise that we are energy beings; we are spiritual beings or souls having a human experience. We comprise of an energy field – an electro-magnetic field that completely surrounds and penetrates our body. This field is called our aura. Without this energy field we would not exist. It’s not so much that we are a body first that owns this field, rather that we are this energy and because of this we have a body. It stretches out for several feet around us and we call it an aura.
Close against the skin is the etheric, which is the blue print for our body and being. The aura draws in life force energy or prana or chi and feeds it through the etheric into our chakras or energy centres. These feed energy via our meridians, an energetic network paralleling our nervous system. This energetic system then works with our organs, glands and nervous system to energise us and keep us healthily functioning. Life-force energy also interacts with water and minerals in our system to create, replace and sustain life.
The Importance of Being Well Grounded.
Our energy field needs to be well-grounded to function correctly. Modern footwear and buildings insulate us from the earth. Just like electrical systems we need to be properly earthed to function optimally and healthfully. To help achieve this, go barefoot at least 30 mins a day outside on natural ground, or use an earthing mat.
Breathing helps maintain the body’s energy systems.
Several deep breaths a day will contribute greatly to your overall health, including your energetic health.
Breathe while holding a crystal or two. This is a fantastic energy recharge and brings in oxygen too. The average person can only survive 2 minutes without air and the life force or prana it contains.
Chakras are central to the body’s energy systems.
Chakras are major centres or focal points of power. They affect all our physical, mental, emotional and spiritual functioning and wellbeing.
Our essential chakra system overlays our major organs:
- Earth Star Chakra – just below our feet. Primary connection to our physical source. Grounding.
- Base Chakra – over our reproductive organs. Connected to survival, physicality and security.
- Sacral Chakra – roughly in the area of our navel or digestive system. Related to gut instinct and emotions, sexual energy.
- Solar Plexus Chakra – bottom of the sternum. Lungs and breathing, nervous and digestive systems. The seat of the ego.
- Heart Chakra – over the heart. Life-force and prana. Centre for love, higher consciousness and self-expression.
- Throat Chakra – at the throat. Verbal and non-verbal communication. Personal responsibility.
- Third Eye Chakra – Brow, between the eyes. Psychic ability. Intuition.
- Crown Chakra – just above the top of the head. Brain. Primary connection to our spiritual source. Integration point. Point of acceptance or denial.
Crystals brought into our energy field or placed in the area of our chakras interact with our energy field to restore balance and harmony, triggering the body’s self-healing mechanisms to function.
Crystals to use to balance your chakras include:
- Earth Star Chakra, Black Tourmaline, Hematite, Petrified Wood, Pyrite, Smokey Quartz, any brown stones.
- Base Chakra, Black Obsidian, Garnet, Red Calcite, Red Jasper, any red stones.
- Sacral Chakra, Carnelian, Orange Calcite, Sunstone, any orange stones.
- Solar Plexus Chakra, Citrine, Moonstone, Rutilated Quartz, Tiger Eye, any yellow stones.
- Heart Chakra, Aventurine, Jade, Rose Quartz, Chrysoprase, Emerald, Rhodochrosite, any pink or green stones.
- Throat Chakra, Angelite, Aqua Aura Quartz, Blue Calcite, Blue Lace Agate, any light blue stones.
- Third Eye Chakra, Amethyst, Fluorite, Lapis Lazuli, Sugilite, any indigo or purple stones.
- Crown Chakra, Apophyllite, Clear Quartz, Danburite, Selenite, any clear or white stones.
Follow us on Facebook
© Ron and Sue Windred.
Disclaimer: The outlined metaphysical and healing properties in this website are for inspiration and reference. We gather this information and alleged properties from writings, books, folklore and various other sources. They are also dependent upon the attitude and beliefs of the individual. Furthermore they do not replace diagnosis or treatment by a qualified therapist or physician.